Max Dobner, who was not a drug user, died after smoking fake pot his first time.
Every package holds the potential of organ failure, hallucinations and paranoia, and death.
It only takes once!
Warning: This video contains bad language
- Increased Agitation
- Increased Blood Pressure
- Increased Heart Rate
- Partial Paralysis
- Lower Body Temperature
- Temporary Inability to Feel Pain
- Paranoid Delusions
- Exaggerated Thoughts of Suicide
- Feeling of Impending Doom (Death)
- Panic Attacks
- Renal Failure (Kidney Failure)
Side effects may continue for several months! If you see someone with these symptoms, call 911 or Poison Control at 800-222-1222.
What is Synthetic Marijuana? - Poison sprayed on leaves
- ‘Fake Weed’ is synthetic cannabinoids (chemicals designed to affect the CB1 and CB2 receptors in the brain) sprayed on plant material, usually damiana leaves or other organic material.
- Plain and simple, this fairly new substance, which, depending on the state you live in, may be legal to buy at cigar shops, gas stations, head shops, and on-line, is poison chemicals sprayed on various forms of leaves.
- Synthetic Marijuana, is known on the street as K2, Spice, Potpourri, Incense, Herbal Incense, Red Magic, Peace Out, High Voltage or Posh, or hundreds of other names.
Why is “Fake Pot” so popular?
- It can’t be detected by the standard urine drug tests.
- Not long ago, it was sold in nearly every gas station, convenient store and tobacco store in most communities.
- Because it was sold in stores, it was thought to be safe.
- Many young people do not follow the media reports of deaths and hospitalizations.
- Similar appearance to marijuana or dried leaves of potpourri.
- It is usually sold in 1 to 3 gram packages.
- Packed in colorful square metallic envelopes or small canisters.
Why Should I be Concerned?
- While most people smoke this for the “high of marijuana,” Fake Pot can be up to 500X more potent.
- Every package purchased is a mystery package. Each has a different amount of unknown chemicals “randomly” sprayed. In other words, you don’t know what you are getting, and it has not been scientifically tested.
- “Not for Human Consumption” is stamped on the packaging to bypass FDA rules.
- Although Fake Pot has been federally banned, the “bad guys” are steps ahead, so that when one chemical compound is banned, they are ready with a new one
What Do We Know Scientifically?
- Not Enough!!!
- Few studies have been conducted to know short- or long-term effects
What Is Being Reported?
- Use is dramatically increasing!
- Poison Control received 2,925 calls related to Fake Pot in 2010.
- In 2011, the number of calls rose to a dramatic 6,955.
- The DEA and other authorities believe that there are many more cases that have gone unreported. Of the cases reported to the To the Maximus Foundation, none were reported to Poison Control.
- More and more users are coming forward to report the effects. It is believed that there are many deaths attributed to fake pot use. However, because the deaths are directly attributed to accidents or suicide, they are not statistically recorded as caused by synthetic marijuana.
- Synthetic Marijuana is an 10 billion dollar industry!